Celebrate your teammates’ successes by giving recognition directly from MS Teams! This help article explains how to give recognition within MS Teams. You can also give recognition in Assembly or give recognition in Slack directly if your Assembly is connected to the Slack chat app.
Who can use this feature?
Any member with a Normal or Giver status can give recognition in MS Teams.
What to expect
- Only members with an allowance can give points with their recognition
- Recognition can be given privately, but this feature must be enabled by your Assembly’s admin
- Only companies on a paid plan (not a free plan) can configure and add core values to recognition
How to give recognition
- From the Assembly tab in your MS Teams channel, make sure you are viewing the Main Feed.
- From the Main Feed, click Celebrate a teammate
- Choose people you would like to celebrate. You can select one or multiple people.
- Write a message explaining the awesome, amazing thing(s) your teammate(s) did. You can also add a GIF to make it more fun!
- If your company is on a paid plan and has core values set up, select a core value that best matches up with your teammate(s) accomplishment(s).
- If you have an allowance, add trophies to reward your teammate(s) on top of celebrating their amazing work.
- Click Post. This will post your recognition to the Main Feed.
How to post privately
If your admin has enabled private recognition, you can post privately.
- After completing the steps above, before clicking Post, click the down arrow next to Post.
- Toggle the post privately switch on
Click Post Privately. This will only notify and display in the feed for the person or people you celebrated, as well as Assembly admins.