Implementing an intranet within an organization helps teams through:
1. Increased Productivity: Intranets allow employers to connect through a centralized digital workspace and access a wide range of services and resources, increasing productivity.
2. Improved employee-generated content: Employees will likely express their opinions and share appealing content within their teams. Since the intranet fosters transparency, internal communication becomes more engaging, and employee satisfaction will increase.
4. Accessibility: The intranet content management system (CMS) streamlines the distribution of information and announcements to the whole organization. Compared to bulk emails, the sender has to deal with reply-all threads to keep track of all comments. An intranet builds a culture of open communication inside your organization and fosters employee trust.
4. Employee advocacy: Social intranet tools allow internal social media teams access to the consolidated social networks of their employees. They can rely on staff to communicate information about events, job openings, etc. And personal posts on social media typically do better in terms of interaction.
5. Enhanced security: With intranets, data security is assured, and teams are not worried about threats. Teams can hold private discussions in mini-groups that won’t involve the whole department, enabling streamlined security and confidentiality even within an organization.
6. Simplified onboarding: An Intranet enables hiring teams to simplify the onboarding processes through templates. Employees feel more confident from day one when equipped with the correct information.
7. Accurate analytics: Intranets make it possible to work with data for better decision-making. Hiring teams can measure employees’ interest in a particular topic and test new ideas.
8. Transparency: An intranet helps create a relaxed environment with fewer bottlenecks. Since employees can express their ideas openly, they tend to feel empowered to forge better bonds with their peers and contribute immensely to the organization’s growth.
9. Faster project timelines: With intranets, companies can keep track of ongoing and completed projects, improving project timelines and efficiency. Cross-functional roles can also communicate ideas and operate more seamlessly.
10. Documentation: Employees won’t need to specially record documentation. Since most modern intranets are backed or integrated with third-party cloud applications, organizations can pull up previous information on ongoing tasks for reference and better coordination.